Online/Distance PGDM: Courses, eligibility, cost & duration
An online/distance Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program is a higher-level qualification for those who want to enhance their skills and knowledge in the field of management. It is a professional qualification that is designed to provide a broad understanding of the core principles of business and management. It is an accredited qualification that can open up career opportunities and provide a foundation for further study. In this blog, you will further learn about admission, courses, eligibility, average cost, and duration of the program. Read on!
How is Post Graduate Diploma in Management different from MBM?
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is a two-year full-time program offered by several universities. It provides a comprehensive understanding of managerial concepts and practices. The program incorporates case studies, lectures, industrial visits, workshops, and internships.
- Whereas MBM (Master of Business Management) is a postgraduate degree program that focuses on the development of managerial skills. The program covers core topics like finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and IT management. It also includes elective courses and practical training. MBM programs are usually shorter in duration compared to PGDM programs.
What are the courses offered in PGDM?
The courses offered in online/distance PGDM vary depending on the university, but typically include courses in:
- Human resource management
- Operations management
- Business Analytics
- Business law.
- Project management
- International Business
Advantages of an Online/ Distance PGDM
Here are some of the advantages of pursuing a PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management):
- Gain specialized knowledge and skills for the corporate world
- Develop a better understanding of the overall business environment
- Learn from experienced faculty and industry experts
- Opportunity to network with peers and industry professionals
- Enhanced career prospects and earning potential.
Eligibility, Average Cost & Duration of PGDM program?
To be accepted into an Online/Distance PGDM Program, applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with an overall average of at least 50%.
The average cost of an online/ distance PGDM course ranges from 60,000 INR to 2,00,000 INR and the duration of the course is two years.
Top 3 Universities that offer Online/ Distance PGDM Program
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Amity university (Delhi)
- Institute of Management Studies (Ghaziabad)
Let ShikshaGurus Guide you in Choosing the right path
Our team of experts at ShikshaGurus are here to guide you to make the best decision for your educational journey.
- We compare universities to help you find the one that best suits your interests and needs.
- We will connect you to the university and help you choose the right course.
- We help students get discounts and scholarships! We can help you start your path to success!
A PGDM is a great way to further your education and career prospects. It offers a variety of skills, and knowledge necessary to succeed in a highly competitive job market, and experiences that will help you reach your professional goals. It is a valuable investment in your future. And with ShikshaGurus as your guide, you’ll be sure to make the right decision for your career.