Last Updated on June 16, 2023
What is Digital University: Is It The Future Of Education?
Digital University has brought a great revolution since their name revolves around the academic circle and students. In 2022, the Union government has taken a great initiative in the national Budget 2022 and NEP (New Education Policy). In the coming years, digital education is going to achieve a height in the field of education. Let’s check it out in detail.
What Is Digital University And How Do They Work?
“Digital University” is a university, which functions thoroughly via digital mode. It involves learning as well as teaching processes in the digital mode through ICT measures (electronic and digital measures).
The digital university is similar to online educational courses. Whereas the difference is that the digital university is a fully Centralized University that provides numerous courses for higher education.
A wide range of digital courses are available in numerous formats:
- Certificate Courses
- Degree Courses
- Diploma Courses,
Therefore, a digital university is an amalgamation of various educational bodies like; open distance learning, Edtech, and university’s online learning.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Digital Universities
|Provides a variety of learning styles||More Screen Time|
|Good attendance||Teacher training|
|Economical||Internet connectivity Issue|
|Efficient learning methods||Feeling of Isolation|
|Easy accessibility of time and place||–|
How To Get Admission To A Digital University?
You can simply take admission through ShikshaGurus guidance. We help students get great discounts, and the ease of the admission process, helps you pick the right course. Take a counseling session with us, we help you compare multiple online education universities so that you can take the right decision!
Presently, in the National Budget for 2022, the idea has been introduced. Various educational bodies are working on this idea for a great future for Indian students. The below-mentioned initiatives that are taken
- The Department of Education has proposed the idea of a digital Indian best university with immediate effect after discussing it with educational bodies like AICTE, UGC, and others.
- PM Narendra Modi has put forward the idea of the digital university as an “act of parliament”.
- UGC has also planned to create a modified version of the online education system.
- The government of India has also put forward the idea of collaboration with numerous institutions through which online education can be easily availed by students.
- Through this mode, the government wants to make an easy step for remote areas and underdeveloped areas.
- Internet connectivity and access in remote and underdeveloped areas
- Time given by the student for hearing a lecture
- Effective delivery of lectures
- Effect on the other modes of education (Offline, Online, Distance Education)
- Mainstreaming Distance and Online Education
- Availability of Gadgets for online education
Let ShikshaGurus Guide You In Choosing The Right Path
Are you planning to take admission for online education? Let ShikshaGurus help you! Digitalization has made the world the smallest place. Technology has widened the area of learning. Therefore, for higher education, a digital university is a good option.
Hope this blog helped you with details on what is digital university. Well, establishing a university of this nature is not an easy job, considering all the factors that are involved. It’s for sure that such universities have a bright future. Students and working professionals can unhesitantly take admission to online courses.